The final destination for Inch by IN:CH is at The Gauge Museum, West Somerset Railway, Taunton, ending 3rd October.
The Gauge Museum, West Somerset Heritage Railway Trust, Bishops Lydeard, Taunton, Somerset TA4 3RU, 25 September to 03 October, 11am-5pm, daily except Mondays.
As part of Somerset Open Studios, the cases will be on show in the museum amongst the regular exhibits.This will create an interesting dynamic and reveal them in yet another light. Dedicated to travel, it is a fitting location and fabulous ‘terminus’ for the tour.
Inch by IN:CH will be hosting several events during their time in the station.
- Drawing from Cases: daily
- Artists-in-conversation: Sat 25 Sept, 2–4pm
- Sculpture and Shadow Drawing Workshop: Sun 26 Sept, 2-4pm, with Fiona Campbell and Shirley Sharp.
- Family Drawing Workshop: Sat 2 Oct, 2-4pm, with Helen Anson and Anna Kot.
- Family Sculpture Workshop: Sun 3 Oct, 2-4pm, exploring processes with recycled materials (linked to The Big Draw), with Shirley Sharp and Fiona Campbell.
Inch by IN:CH have held informal free workshops at each location. These have produced some exciting art pieces from those involved, as well as laughter and playful creativity. Two of the artists gave a live experimental drawing performance in a shop window which attracted attention!
Go along to view the works, discuss the ideas behind the tour, join in a workshop and/or explore the venues … maybe even take a train ride or a woodland walk.